[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
• View topic - CaPRC match at Desert Marksman 8/27/11 CANCELLED

It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:27 pm 
Chuck Norris

The 5 round limit is to keep everyone on the same playing field when it comes to bolt guns not running a detachable mag system.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:32 pm 
Teaches Shooting

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:49 pm 
Positional Shooter

Is that 5 rd rule in effect at those bigger matches? I plan on getting dbm but I need better glass first.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:55 pm 
Teaches Shooting

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:55 am 
Club Founding Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:47 pm 
Positional Shooter

have to back out of the comp. i am working the next two weeks in santabarbara. plus my rifle is down for the count waiting on a new bolt.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:21 pm 
Bench Shooter

I am new to this forum and am not a member. I would like to attend. Count me in. I was told about this match by Rich Gonzalez.
See you all there early.
Rolo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:28 pm 
Teaches Shooting

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:43 pm 
Positional Shooter

sounds like a fun match, been missing a few :-(

This weekend is the family surf outing in Santa Cruz, last weekend before school starts

Wish I could of made this one!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:49 pm 
Teaches Shooting

Damn....Boss just volunteered me to work mandatory overtime on sat...sorry to drop out, now Im missing 2 matches :x

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:53 am 
Positional Shooter

Is this match still going to happen?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:45 am 
Club Founding Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:05 am 
Club Leadership

Well at least I'm not missing a match, I'm on my way to havasu right now. :D :D

Team Camarillo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:06 am 
Chuck Norris

Bummer, I was lookingforward to this one :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:26 am 
Positional Shooter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:37 am 
Positional Shooter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:06 pm 
Positional Shooter

That's too bad. Looked like it would have been a good venue.

Just and FYI.

For future reference, if CAPRC wants to operate on other ranges like DM, it would be a good idea to attend a board meeting and ask the board of directors for permission.

A MD may say "yah, let’s do it", but the BoD will have final say. We went through the same issues when kicking off at Sac Valley. I and a few others attended board meetings and made sure the BoD was comfortable with what we were doing on their range.

It took a long time to build a trusting relation between NCPPRC and FSC.

Going to the board meetings and showing that you guys are professionals and not yahoos will go a long way with board members. Their job is to protect their range at all cost, so you have to put yourself in their shoes if an unknown group to them wants to operate on their range.

As a board member, I would be WTF if another club came onto our property and ran a match. We require all external club and vendors to list FSC as an insured on their insurance policies.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:12 pm 
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:12 pm 
Positional Shooter

What a bummer. I've been looking forward to this all month :( I have ammo loaded and ready to go. Guess I'll be hitting up Angeles on Saturday instead.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:17 pm 
Club Founding Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:26 pm 
Chuck Norris

So I thought that I had Gary's cell phone #, but I do not. If another member has it and wishes to PM it to me, then I would say thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:18 pm 
Positional Shooter

bummer, guess I'll see you guys at the next match.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:06 pm 
Positional Shooter

It was probably because of the Boo thread.

DM members are all about the ass.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:28 pm 
Positional Shooter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:45 pm 
Positional Shooter

Exactly.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:51 pm 
Chuck Norris

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:40 am 
Positional Shooter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:41 am 
Positional Shooter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:43 am 
Positional Shooter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:45 am 
Positional Shooter

Is their Tac Rifle Group and HP/F-Class group seperate?

If so, maybe he meant the HP Group?

A lot of ranges refer to their carbine/3gun group as tac rifle, and their HP/F-Class guys as precision rifle. Believe it or not, a lot of people do not know of, or understand practical/tactical precision rifle shooting.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:46 pm 
Club Leadership

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:59 pm 
Bench Shooter

I'm glad I checked in to make sure everything was still on. Sorry to hear that it is all a bust. I hope to make it to another match in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:07 pm 
Positional Shooter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:14 pm 
Chuck Norris

So the question is who did the club piss off?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:31 pm 
Positional Shooter

Right now, the answer as I know it is, no one. I am going to a secret squirrel meeting here in a minute and maybe I will have some more answers when it is over. Whatever I can let you guys know, I will.

I am a little irritated over the way this seems to have gone down, but I didn't have any say in it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:34 pm 
Positional Shooter

I will share that one of the reasons that DM was hesitant to fit CAPRC in is that we have a very full match schedule. There is a match almost every Saturday and Sunday of the month. I might suggest that you guys have a look at the match schedule and look into doing something in the afternoon or early evening. All our matches with the exception of tomorrow nights 600 yard match start at 8 and are usually done by 1 or so.