[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
• View topic - CaPRC match at Angeles 6/13/10

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:07 pm 
Positional Shooter

You don't have a bolt gun?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:17 pm 
Club Founding Member

That is a bolt gun. Although I vote that he shoot it ugly. Pretty or not, bring it to the range and shoot it because that's what will make you better. I still shoot like shit but I'd shoot even worse if i didn't get out there and shoot with the likes of Randall and the rest.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:47 am 
Positional Shooter

It’s not about shooting an ugly gun, hell I don't care about that.. The gun is what I consider wet.. its not dry and there is no seal on it, if I get it dirty, greasy, anything happens to it I’ll have to start all over again.. As much as I would love the trigger time and to have the opportunity to meet a few more team members I’m just going to have to pass on this one..

Again I’m sorry, I’m just thinking long term here, If I don't screw it up I’ll have this thing finished this week and I’ll be good to go..

Sorry team..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:35 am 
Chuck Norris

Last edited by DirtRacer151 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:37 am 
Club Founding Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:43 am 
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:06 pm 
Positional Shooter

Ok.. my bad.. I didn’t know I could bring simi auto’s.. I’ve got a few of those laying around.. Sorry, I don't know why but I thought only bolt guns.. OK I’m back in then if that’s ok..

Sorry for the misunderstanding guys..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:15 pm 
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:56 pm 
Positional Shooter

Well I only have the one bolt gun for now (sorry) and thanks for the heads up on the brass catcher.. I wouldn’t have thought of that one.. :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:28 pm 
Club Founding Member

I am very aware of scratches on my gun... I know because I put some of them on it to show James how good the paint sticks. Really don't worry about your paint it will just chip of.

Team GAP, Shooter #7
Draining squares and banging steel

Last edited by 264Charlie on Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:42 pm 
Club Founding Member

Targets and the course of fire are pretty much done.
Round count is 50.
Due to the number of people signed up, we are going to print out the course of fire and a schedule for the day and hand that out when you sign up.
This should reduce time spent explaining things and help us to get done before 1pm.
Please keep your course of fire sheet handy and always be ready for the next stage so we can try to keep to the schedule.
We are going to put two shooters in each lane between benches so be prepared to share your space.
We will shoot as odd and even groups so only one shooter will be shooting at each position at a time.
The two shooters will swap back and forth per the printed schedule.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:00 pm 
Club Founding Member

Cool... I still have 50 rounds left from sac...

Team GAP, Shooter #7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:12 am 
Positional Shooter

Brutal. Hope this goes smoothly with so many people lol... Good idea on the printed course of fire though, keep the explanation time to nearly nothing and just be ready to shoot.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:22 am 
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:29 am 
Positional Shooter

I like STARTING with a pristine rifle.. but then I love every scratch and chip I (and only me) put on it. Shows i've actually used it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:00 am 
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:09 am 
Positional Shooter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:16 am 
Club Founding Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:11 pm 
Club Founding Member

Randall and Brad,

After shooting TBRC I would really like to see us push the setup and shot par times. When your name is called you have 30 - 60 sec to ready then short par time to shoot the course.

Team GAP, Shooter #7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:14 pm 
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:22 pm 
Club Founding Member

Team GAP, Shooter #7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:55 pm 
Chuck Norris

Im a newbie....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:12 pm 
Sling User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:44 pm 
Positional Shooter

Finally got all my mods done just in time for the match.... Had the weekend from hell with Randall trying to install a break on my Tikka and I think Randall hates me now :shock: Also got my new extended bolt handle and knob which are a gigantic improvement over the stock stuff. Painted the stock and barrel and all is looking good. Excited for this weekend and hoping and non-suckage...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:51 pm 
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:46 pm 
Club Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:50 pm 
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:37 pm 
Positional Shooter

2 hours making a custom block to hold the Tikka action.
1 hour trying to get the barrel off with no success.
1 hour fashioning custom bushing and trying again to get the barrel off and calling the Tikka expert with no success.
1.5 hours realizing it would fit in the lathe whole with only the bushing and doing the actual brake instalation.

:?

I think you should do them still Randall, just use the custom bushing, pull off the trigger and go to town. Actually seems like LESS work than doing a 700.... No disassembly really, just get right to sizing and fitting.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:55 am 
Prone Shooter

I am in. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:41 pm 
Club Founding Member

Randall- Craig will be there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:58 pm 
Club Founding Member

So, we reached maximum capacity for this? Sounds like word is getting around about this match! :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:11 pm 
Club Founding Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:46 pm 
Positional Shooter

Please don't forget about the newbie..

I’m one of them and it appears we’ll have a few more.. Personally I would like to go second (after the first shooter) so I can learn a few things before my shot if possible?

Thanks..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:44 am 
Club Founding Member

^^^ Don't worry this match and club is very newbfriendly.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:14 pm 
Sling User

I bumped my rifle a bit during my cleaning session last weekend. Will we have a chance to fire a few round before the match to confirm our zero? If not I will just adjust on the fly :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:25 pm 
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:23 pm 
Club Founding Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:51 pm 
Sling User

Alrighty, I'll head out tomorrow for a bit and make sure my zero didn't shift. It was only a small bump and likely isn't even required. And no, I can't possibly afford good glass, I use a Bushnell 3200 Elite.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:19 pm 
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:52 am 
Positional Shooter

bummer-filled up

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:50 pm 
Sling User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:45 pm 
Chuck Norris

All ammo is loaded up...sling and extra mag have arrived...now I just need to adjust the sling....:) Looks like the weather will be good and there might be some fog obscuring our targets....will see..

See everybody out on the range..... :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:14 pm 
Bench Shooter

I have no bipod/sling mounts on my rifle.

Would I be able to use an unattached bipod, a backpack or something to shoot off of in the prone?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:18 pm 
Positional Shooter

You can do that, not going to be fun but you can do it. I'm not sure what the current RSVP total is though.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:37 pm 
Club Founding Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:08 pm 
Club Founding Member

Anyone else planning on stickin around for a while after the match tomorrow to continue shooting?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:36 pm 
Sling User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:37 pm 
Club Founding Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:39 pm 
Sling User

Fantastic match guys. I had a LOT of fun. Everyone was super helpful and supportive. I received tons of great tips and advice. I couldn't be happier. I've got lots of new things to practice to shore up my fundamentals. I'll be sure to make it out to the beginners course later this month.

Thanks again to the guys that put in so much work to make the event possible.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:10 pm 
Positional Shooter

Hey team.
Thanks again to everyone for really making it Newbie friendly.. YOU guys really do ROCK.. Thank you for taking the time for us.. Really, really appreciate all of the help and great advice..

Here’s some pics I took earlier today, I hope you enjoy them..

Have a great afternoon

Shaun.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next