[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
• View topic - TBRC Info 10 days out.

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:22 pm 
Chuck Norris

Dude... that had to be funny seeing Nate come out of the drivers seat....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:29 pm 
Chuck Norris

You should have seen James' face when he saw us pulling in from the pits. PRICELESS!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:49 pm 
Positional Shooter

I heard what happened to Nathan.

What happened to Henry and Danny?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:49 pm 
Positional Shooter

Here's some videos:

Last edited by autoessentials on Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
youtube help

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:20 pm 
Positional Shooter

Last edited by Tackman11 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:27 pm 
Teaches Shooting

Same identical thing happened to Steven on his ND at the CAPRC match.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:42 pm 
Positional Shooter

2nd and final day update, note that this is written for my work buddies so explains stuff that they might not know:

Henry G. didn’t have enough time to prep, so he shot practice Friday but didn’t shoot the match. Henry S. had a family issue and dropped from the match.

So like that last couple of days, woke up around 2am. Sunday was on the steel range, max distance of 550 yards. There is an upper and lower steel range right next to each other, squad A (Alpha) on one and B (Bravo, my squad with Danny and Jason) on the other. We trade later. Solomon and Michael Victor and Rich Chronister were on run and gun, short range, and 800/900/1000 side of the comp. In general, out of order or wrong target anywhere means you stop the stage and keep your points to that point. Unless the COF says that you can try again, like say the dueling tree, where if you miss they would call wrong target, but would not tell you what target you should shoot...)

So, regarding the steel range, first shot was another cold bore at 420yd on a 6" shoot n c. I hit mine again, and close enough to center to get the higher point value. I saw some mirage moving left to right, guessed 3 to 5mph and aimed close to the left edge and hit to the right of center. Then on to the long range steel side. First was target chaos #1, a bunch of shots at different targets, if you miss you must move on to the next, out of order or wrong target means you are stopped. I made a few hits but was a bit slow. The guy right before me shot out of order, on his second shot he was called on it (need to shoot left then right lollipops). He started to whine and protest, so Vu was called in. Meanwhile since I ran out of time I pull a round out and out comes a case and a bunch of powder. No bullet... One of the guys on my squad says I can retrieve a cleaning rod from his pickup, Idaho plates, but it is a long ways away. I start jogging, then fast walking, then Vu on his way to the protester (think Occupy…) Vu stops and asks me what’s up, he’s got a rod in his truck and I get a ride back. I told Vu on the ride back (he said a guy (Jorge) was protesting, I told him it was the guy right before me and he shot right target then left ) then got called on it and seemed fair enough to me. Trot off to knock the bullet out and I’m good to go, while our whiner whined away.

Anyway, moving on, around here is where Danny had an ND this stage (going by my fuzzy memory of a long day, I think it was the first target chaos stage, but the other steel range had a target chaos stage also) and was ejected from the match. He was putting his rifle down on a concrete block to shoot off of, his bipod was loose so he jarred it back on with a round in the chamber and bolt closed (don’t do that…, he should have opened the bolt before monkeying with the hardware on the gun). Jarring the rifle fired it into the ground about 15 feet downrange. At least in a safe direction anyway, he was now out of the match. I didn't see this, I was busy out to retrieve the cleaning rod as mentioned before.

Then time ticking away, shoot from left to right at 550 yd, red target, green target, red target, green target. Then at 330yd same thing. I hit some and missed a couple. Next was Oklahoma know your limits, screwed this one up and zeroed. At least it wasn’t negative points like yesterday’s hostage fiasco. If you miss you lose points and go back to the beginning, to lock in points a stop plate (squirrel) had to be hit. Missing the squirrel also meant points were zeroed. I got flustered and messed it up. Wind was going 3 to 5mph so wasn’t too bad.

Jason was having trouble, seems his dope changed he was having a hard time with getting on target.
Up after that was support side shooting (shooting off your wrong side). I messed up a couple of easy shots, but made a couple hits. Then, reverse rooftop, two hits out of 6, I didn’t have my equipment set up right for this. Finally, Hog Saddles, hit one if I remember right. Performance in the average was average. Jason wasn’t too happy, I was having fun but felt I could do better.

Then, off to the short range, max distance 420 yards, and nearly all shooting at 420 yards. Target chaos again, hit everything I shot at, but was a bit slow again. I had previously learned the hard way that a few slow hits are much better than fast misses. Then, man v man dueling tree. I did OK on this, 4 credited hits, but timed out on the 5th. They allow shots up to .3 seconds late, my 5th shot (and hit) was at .33 seconds after the buzzer. Oh well… I was slow on counting which plate to shoot next, you have to work down the tree and hit to move on. Wind was still about 3-5mph and I was holding the left edge of the targets to hit them, they were 6" diameter at 420yd.

Next was hostage targets off a supplied backpack (Kifaru was a prize sponsor, they make nice high-end, high priced backpacks. Like Gucci bags I guess. Looked and felt nice, seems like too much money to me though. I hit 2 out of 6, no hostage hits. The wind shifted on me during my shooting and I didn’t get it figured out… And was edging away from the hostage, tired of getting negative points you see.

Then, shooting a moving target, I got 1 hit if I remember right. Then a keep your points stage, I had a couple hits, upon missing you stop and keep your points. Finally, pick your hostage. In this case the hostage and bad guy was reversed accidentally (RO said he was gonna get lots of teasing about this...) so we were shooting the white target and avoiding the ¼ exposed black target hidden by the white target. I took my first shot, but found the wind picked up to maybe 15mph and I missed to the right. Best guess what used to be a 3-5mph wind was now closer to 15, my shots moved about 1.5 feet to the right and I was holding left edge of the plate. Missed and hit dirt just off the black plate (neg points for hitting black plate). I corrected and got a few hits. Jason hit the black plate twice. Ouch.

That ended the day, we had a nice taco trailer make some food, then post scores, let competitors review targets and dispute if they so choose, then finally final scores are posted. I was 48th out of 79 competitors. 3 competitors DQ’d for negligent discharge (ND’s), could be 4 but I'm not 100% sure.
So finally, winners were announced from first to last, and picked from the prize table whatever 1 item they wanted. The two rifles went first, then a bunch of other stuff. I got a gift certificate for ½ off a $600 scope, I’ll use that shortly. Then the range crew picked stuff off the table. Then, from last to first competitors could pick a second item. I got another gift cert. After all done, free for all. I got 4 more gift certificates, for some reason (I think because they looked non-descript relative to the fancier printed gift certs) they were ignored, so when everyone was done I picked up 4, gave one to Danny, who had an ND, and kept the other 3, I'll give two more of them later.

All in all, a lot of challenge and fun packed into the weekend. I got home at 12:30am Monday morning.

Props to the crew at NCPRC, they really run a tight ship. Swag for just showing up included a nice, American made hoodie, longsleeve shirt, LV target diamond, mug, COF, and some literature and a pen. There were maybe 8 scopes on the table, 2 fully built rifles, a defiance action cert, 50% off a stiller action, more scope certs, and a bunch of other certs (bunch from CS tactical), Nathan had several slings on the table, and a bunch of other stuff too many to mention.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:53 pm 
Positional Shooter

Thanks for shooting the videos Henry!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:27 pm 
Chuck Norris

Thanks for those Henry.

It's funny to see Jason see shoot that stage. I did the exact same thing. I think Socal guys are so used to having to get up to retrieve the rounds from the back of the table. The other guys that shot after me just leaned back to get their rounds.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:55 am 
Positional Shooter

All,

Thank you guys for coming up and joining us for this year's TBRC.

I am glad you guys had a good time and am sorry we had to DQ two So Cal shooters for NDs. We went 7 TBRCs without a single ND, and this one racks up 3.

Aaron, thank you for the detailed AAR. I appreciate you taking the time to write that. Also glad we were able to get you back up and running before you missed any stages on the steel range. And YES, if you ever demand to talk to a MD after screwing up a COF, it never does go well, or FB him at 10pm the night before after he has been on the range for 12 hours over 10pts that can't be verified....just a tip. :mrgreen:

As always our sponsors were very generous to our event so please take the time to contact as many as you can (even if it is by email) to say thank you. Mention our event and hopefully that will help us get you guys another prize table.

I appreciate all of you being professional and kind to my range crew as they are the ones that make these events possible. They all agreed that this group of shooters are by far the most fun group they have had in the last 7 TBRCs. Thank you for that guys.

There will not be a national level TBRC in 2015 since we have gone to every other year for national level ones. 2015 will be a club members and friends one.

2016 is already in the works that will incorporate a whole evolution with pistols. Points will only be worth 1/5th of a rifle shot. After all this is a bolt rifle challenge.

It warms my heart knowing that NorCal hoodies will be worn and seen down south. :wink: Please drop American-Giant a thank you note please. They donated about 15K in hoodies. I don't know if we can ever top those hoodies given away this year. They are just that bad ass and only 150 of them exist with the flag and our logo.

You boys take care and let me know if you guys wanna make a trip up for a bi-monthly steel match.

Vu