[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
• View topic - PRS Club Finale Match anyone Interested?

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:54 am 
Chuck Norris

Ok thought I would throw this out there since there is no real discussion on this. Is there no one interested in shooting this? Since the club paid the money you guys can send 6 people to shoot this. This is a chance to shoot a great PRS match. I would think some of you would love to jump on this.

http://tacticalmatches.com/forum/ubbthr ... #Post12288

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub ... fVkE&gid=9

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:12 pm 
Positional Shooter

1/2 way interested...
I assume fly over there and rent a car and a hotel? Airfare on southwest approx $500 for the cheapest flight (to/from) not including excess baggage like a rifle case. One helluva drive, 1300 miles each way.

Driving would take about $450 in gas total in my truck, and 21 hours each way.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:20 am 
Positional Shooter

Rich Emmons who is the head of the PRS series called me up today since he has been getting no reply from the club so far. He is trying to finalize the club series finale, and we are the only club who hasn't sent in any response. If we are going, we need to decide ASAP so we don't leave them hanging.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:54 am 
Club Founding Member

Wow! You guys are missing out.

Sent from my iPhone.

Team GAP, Shooter #7
Draining squares and banging steel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:21 am 
Club Founding Member

There is a thread going in the members area to see who is interested in going.
Please take the discussion there so we can figure out who's going...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:43 am 
Positional Shooter

Just so you know guys. There needs to be 6 shooters to compete. Idaho was causing a big stir with only 5. I am in NJ visiting family that weekend, but I don't think that even if I cancelled the trip, and shot with you guys, that we would be up to the 6 shooters required for the team.

Truthfully, in my opinion this club series should have been emphasized all year long. If my info is correct, we never sent in anything to the PRS all year except for the $500 to enter our club to begin. Maybe the time for the discussion of finding 6 willing shooters to travel to the club finale should have been done before we spent the $500 to begin with....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:13 am 
Positional Shooter

i can donate a few for the club..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:26 pm 
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:44 pm 
Positional Shooter

Shhh! If he thinks that he's had balls all this time, let him enjoy them.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:03 pm 
Chuck Norris

We need to book the Party Van....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:48 pm 
Bore Brusher

Are you going to send a team?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:25 pm 
Positional Shooter

Well, no chatter about it at all, so doesn't look like a team can get gathered up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:42 pm 
Club Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:49 pm 
Bore Brusher

Sounds good Randall. I will get a hold of Mike, Bennie, Bruce and a couple of other shooters and see if we can make this happen.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:19 pm 
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:37 pm 
Chuck Norris

Nice...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:20 pm 
Positional Shooter

Guys,

All I have to say is you missed one hell of a match. Probably one of the most fun matches I have ever shot or been a part of.

Was it mainly prone, yes...but that doesn't mean it was easy.

16 degree weather
Winds from 8 to 15 full value and in natural terrain. Ever hold a mil + on a 10" target inside 400? Well we did and sometimes that wasn't enough. At 1300 yards we needed 4.5mils to 5 mils of wind to even come close.

Targets from 100 to 1300 yards. I got to see the 2nd rev on my S&B @ 13.5 mils.

ALL STEEL

Shot off cliffs, trucks, big bi pods, rocks, whatever.

The ROs and Oklahoma crew were great and just a good group of dudes. We made a lot of new friends out there.

No mirage, and sometimes no impacts to be seen due to target placement. If you missed trace you were SOL.

We drove 22 hours straight there and 22 hours straight back. 3 guys drove, 3 guys flew. We beat the guys flying home.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:27 pm 
Chuck Norris

Nice... Thanks for posting..16 degrees? Wow.. That beats the high 20's of Marks last match... How much do you think the cold affected your shots besides shivering..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:44 pm 
Positional Shooter

Steven,

I was actually fine. We knew we were going to have to deal with the colder temps so we planned and kitted up for it. Jacob, Skit, Craig, and Brian are all hunters so they have been in colder temps than that.

Jason and I picked up good cold weather gear and were fine. Obviously your hands got cold quickly without gloves on but most of the time we just sucked it up and took off the glove on our shooting hands. Hand warmers in our pockets helped warm them back up for the next stage.

The cold air gave us 0 mirage which sucked for reading wind.

DA was minus 100ish

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:53 pm 
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:07 pm 
Club Founding Member

Sac gets some negative numbers if I recall.

Team GAP, Shooter #7
Draining squares and banging steel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:09 am 
Club Founding Member

I have seen -700 in Sac.